Jason C. Astle joined Springer & Steinberg, P.C. in 2013 and primarily handles appeals, personal injury, and business law, and litigation of small business, general, and complex commercial matters such as breach of contract claims, employment issues, non-compete agreement, and property disputes. His professionalism and integrity, along with his work ethic, enable him to effectively represent his clients’ interests in the most complex cases.
“I believe that being a lawyer is a noble profession, despite its bad reputation. Lawyers are teachers, problem solvers, counselors, and protectors; we believe that a society is measured by how we treat the least desirable among us, whether criminal or commercial and that the deep flaws in our system can be addressed, even in small ways, by simply representing our clients. We are not loved so we must earn trust and respect, and that is the scale by which our value is measured."
“Lawyers advance core democratic values and put them into practice. The legal profession is the ultimate marketplace of ideas where different definitions of reasonableness and fairness compete—and the measure of that fairness is having another voice, another perspective, and another champion in the room; that other voice is that of a lawyer.” - Jason C. Astle
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2006
- B.A., Colorado College, 1994
- Law Clerk, Honorable Justice Alex Martinez, Colorado Supreme Court, 2006-07
- Law Clerk, Honorable Judge Theodore Katz, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2007-08
- Associate, Landman Cosi Ballaine & Ford, P.C., 2008-10
- Associate, Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell, L.L.P., 2010-12
- Senior Litigation Associate, Hatch Ray Olsen Sandberg LLC, 2012-13
- Associate Litigation Attorney, Springer & Steinberg, P.C., 2013-Present
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Colorado, 2007
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 2010
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Board of Directors, The Jeffco Schools Foundation
- Athena Project
- Colorado Litigation Report; Ten Tips for Effective Petitions for Certiorari, The Colorado Lawyer, June 2007
- Denver Law Review Online; A Business Owner’s Dilemma: Is Hiring an Attorney to Handle my Case Worth it?