Jonathan grew up in New York and had a successful career in the computer industry designing and developing client/server trading systems for stock markets prior to attending law school. Jonathan served as an Editor of the Law Review and graduated law school, Magna Cum Laude, in May of 2000. Upon graduation, he began his legal career working in commercial litigation for one of the oldest law firms in New York. He has participated in several multimillion-dollar cases.
After several years in New York, Jonathan moved to Nashville, Tennessee where he opened his own law practice. About 50% of his cases involved domestic relations law, a delicate practice area involving litigants who fight for parenting time with their children and divide all the property they acquired over a lifetime. He was always focused on making cases less stressful for his clients while also pursuing an optimal outcome for them. Jonathan became a mediator and chaired the Nashville Bar Association’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee.
In 2014, he decided to move to Colorado so he could enjoy the beauty of the front range and the availability of outdoor activities like skiing and hiking. A few years later, he joined Springer & Steinberg, P.C., where he continues to work primarily in domestic relations law. Jonathan also handles cases in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, trusts and estates, and personal injury. In most cases, he pursues a settlement if it would be beneficial, but he is always prepared to take a matter to court for a client.
- Associate, Cullen & Dykman, LLP, 2000-2003
- Managing Partner, The Law Office of Jonathan L. Stein, 2003-2015
- Senior Associate Attorney, The Harris Law Firm, P.C., 2015-2016
- Associate Attorney, Springer & Steinberg, P.C., 2016-Present.
- J.D., Touro Law School, 2000, Magna Cum Laude
- B.A., State University of New York at Potsdam, 1990
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2001
- Colorado, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2015
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Sandford v. McKee, 2012 WL 4474177 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2012)
- In re Anthony J.H., 2012 WL 5258245 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2012)
- In re Sal D., 762 N.Y.S.2d 265 (2d Dep’t 2003)