Mr. Giacomini is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an organization whose elected members are trial lawyers of high personal character and honorable reputation. Members must have first-chaired at least 10 civil jury trials. Matt has first-chaired many civil jury trials, as well as many criminal jury trials. Matthew R. Giacomini is a former Deputy District Attorney who has earned a stellar reputation as a civil and criminal trial lawyer. He has an AV Preeminent®️ Rating with Martindale-Hubbell®️ and has been selected for inclusion as a Super Lawyer. His trials include acquittals for clients charged with serious criminal offenses, including sexual assault on a child. In one high-profile sexual assault case, Mr. Giacomini’s client, a principal of a school, was found not guilty by a Jefferson County jury.
His personal injury cases include 7-figure settlements as well as significant jury awards in motor vehicle accident and employment discrimination cases. Consistent with his experience in both criminal and civil law, Mr. Giacomini has successfully represented clients before licensing and other administrative agencies. His litigation and trial experience includes defending clients in civil actions facing allegations ranging from fraud and personal injury to business disputes, which makes him well-qualified to represent plaintiffs, the focus of his civil law practice.
“I’m a third-generation Colorado lawyer and my practice is both criminal defense and civil litigation. My criminal defense practice has allowed me to fight for folks who face criminal charges. On the civil side, I represent injured people whose lives have been changed by injury. My representation of these clients is enhanced by my experience having tried hundreds of cases both as a former prosecutor and as a former insurance defense attorney.” – Matthew R. Giacomini
- J.D., University of Colorado, 1984
- B.S., University of Colorado, 1980
- M.S., University of Denver, 1981
- Deputy District Attorney, Adams County, Colorado, 1984-87
- Civil Litigation Attorney White and Steele, 1987-89
- Civil Litigation Attorney, Burg Simpson, 1989-2002
- Litigation Attorney, Springer & Steinberg, P.C., 2002-Present.
- Schneider v. Caterpillar, Inc., 301 Fed.Appx. 755 (10th Cir. 2008)
- Passamano v. Travelers Indem. Co., 882 P.2d 1312 (Colo. 1994)
- Melton By and Through Melton v. Larrabee, 832 P.2d 1069 (Colo. App. 1992)
- Lego v. Schmidt, 805 P.2d 1119 (Colo. App. 1990)
- Comiskey v. Valley Forge Ins. Co., 781 P.2d 188 (Colo. App. 1989).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Colorado, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, 1988
- Wyoming, 1993
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Wyoming State Bar