Denver Car Accident Attorneys
Hire an Attorney to Defend your Rights in Denver
Automobiles can be deadly when operated improperly. Every motorist has a responsibly to be a safe and careful driver, but often times they are not. Serious car crashes can leave victims with brain injuries, whiplash, lacerations, broken bones, paralysis, and in tragic cases, result in death. When an accident like this occurs, it is crucial you fight to recover what you have lost.
Please do not hesitate to call (877) 342-1230 to talk to a Denver car accident lawyer at Springer & Steinberg, P.C. and discuss your legal rights.
The Dangers of Driving in Colorado
In 2014, 488 people were killed on Colorado roadways with thousands more injured. Every day, car wrecks occur as thousands of people commute throughout the Denver area. One reason is that Denver is a major hub intersecting thousands of roadways. Interstate 70 running east to west and Interstate 25 running north to south run through Denver and the surrounding counties move tens of thousands of through the city and state every day. US Highways 6, 36, and 285 (Hampden Avenue) are also popular roadways to take when traveling outside the metro area; these too are densely populated highways that present a high level of danger.
We've Helped Good People in Denver Just Like You
Examples of Negligent Driving
There are many different types of negligence when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. Any of these can result in a serious collision that leaves one or more persons seriously injured:
- Aggressive Driving: Tailgating and speeding are the most common here. When someone is following too closely behind, their ability to stop becomes nonexistent. The result is that you get rear-ended. Speeding drivers can cause a deadly accident. Failure to obey speed limits puts all other drivers on the road at risk. Limits are put into place because vehicles traveling well above them are likely to be in less control.
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving is an extremely dangerous recent trend. Sending a message while driving takes away all capacity to lawfully operate your vehicle. Not only does it put you at risk, but it can hurt those around you. Other forms may include talking on your phone, eating, and performing other tasks unrelated to driving.
- Violating Traffic Laws: Failure to stop at a stop sign or running a red light presents an incredible threat to other drivers. Saving time is never as important as someone’s life. Traffic laws are there for everyone’s protection, and we assume they will be obeyed. When no one sees an accident coming the parties are often left with devastating injuries.
- DUI: Driving under the influence is illegal and can result in a fine and jail time. Regardless of whether you had alcohol, marijuana, or prescription painkillers in your system, it is illegal to drive intoxicated. Even with the new marijuana laws in place, it is still illegal to drive high.
- Defective Auto Parts: Sometimes it is the automobile that was at fault, not the operator. A failure of your vehicle can be deadly. If an auto accident is caused by a malfunction in your automobile, such as a brake pad, accelerator, or tire, the manufacturer may be liable too. This is called a product liability claim, and at Springer & Steinberg, P.C. we specialize in these cases too. We can help you bring about a product liability claim against the manufacturer of the failed part.
Compensation You Can Recover in a Car Accident Claim
Colorado Revised Statutes Title 13, Article 21: Damages provides a way for people who have been harmed due to negligence to recover fair compensation from the at-fault party. With car accidents, this may be another driver, an auto manufacturer, or other individual or company who caused the collision through negligence or wrongdoing.
Springer & Steinberg, P.C. can help you recover fair compensation for such expenses and damages as:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Physical therapy
- Medication and medical supplies
- Lost earnings
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
- Funeral costs and loss of companionship (wrongful death)
Contact Springer & Steinberg, P.C. Today for a Free Consultation!
Springer & Steinberg, P.C. has brought in millions of dollars for those who have been injured or lost loved ones in auto accidents. Our specialized attorneys have been working this area of the law for over 20 years. Every type of car accident case, small and large, has come through our firm. We represent individuals from communities throughout Douglas, Arapahoe, and Jefferson Counties, among other areas of Colorado.