Boulder Personal Injury Lawyers
Hire A Boulder Car Accident Attorney To Defend Your Rights
In 2022, nearly three dozen people died in car accidents in Boulder County alone – and in a community of fewer than 350,000 residents, that translates into a significant percentage of people experiencing loss due to an accident. Add to that the nearly 19,000 vehicular incidents that have occurred in the past decade, and it is clear that many Boulder residents have been impacted by a car accident in one way or another. When an accident occurs, it is crucial that you fight to recover what you have lost with an experienced Boulder car accident lawyer.
At Springer & Steinberg, our Boulder car accident attorneys are dedicated to working with victims to pursue legal justice and fair financial compensation. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, we can help you hold the at-fault driver responsible for their actions. With our assistance, you can obtain the financial compensation you need to seek proper medical care and move forward after an accident.
Please do not hesitate to call (303) 861-2800 to talk to a Boulder car accident lawyer at Springer & Steinberg, P.C., and discuss your legal rights.
Navigate This Page
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Boulder, CO
Many contributing factors are linked to motor vehicle accidents in Boulder, but the majority can be connected to preventable driver negligence or error. According to data from Boulder County, common causes of auto accidents in the region include:
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving, eating/drinking while driving, and any other causes of distracted driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving while fatigued (“drowsy driving”)
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Unsafe driving in adverse weather conditions
- Failure to follow traffic laws
Sadly, many fatal car accidents in Boulder involved pedestrians or bicyclists who were struck by a motor vehicle. In other cases, commercial vehicle drivers or truckers were found to be at fault, causing accidents due to carelessness, fatigue, and other factors.
There are also cases where defective vehicle parts, such as brake system failures, faulty tires, and steering system malfunctions, caused car accidents. In these situations, the vehicle manufacturer may be held responsible. Other situations in which accidents can occur include issues with road conditions contributing to the incident. If it is determined that a government entity failed to properly maintain the roads, our attorneys will help you with an accident claim.
Types Of Car Accident Claims
Each Boulder car accident attorney at Springer & Steinberg has expertise in handling a broad range of accidents, including:
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
Regardless of the type of accident and the circumstances of your case, our legal team conducts a thorough investigation to gather all the evidence needed to file a strong claim.
Common Places Where Car Accidents Occur in Boulder
As you may know, a car accident can occur virtually anywhere, most commonly happening close to home. That being said, there are certain areas in which you may be at a higher risk of experiencing an accident.
In Boulder, experts have pinpointed a few key trends, including:
- Statistics show that Boulder’s highest number of severe motor vehicle accidents occurred on state highways, including SH 119, US 36, Peak to Peak, and Boulder Canyon Drive.
- Bicyclist and pedestrian accidents tended to occur at intersections, while motorcyclist accidents most frequently happen on state highways in the mountains.
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, you deserve the support of a skilled and experienced attorney.
What Are Common Injuries From Car Accidents in Boulder, CO
Auto accidents are among the leading causes of serious injuries and death in the US. In addition to severe injuries, even minor injuries and emotional trauma can have lasting impacts.
Some of the most common motor vehicle accident injuries in the Boulder area include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Bone fractures
- Internal injuries
- Facial injuries
It is also possible for victims to experience catastrophic injuries in a car accident, such as:
- Burn injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lost limbs
- Full or partial paralysis
- Fatal injuries
In addition to the common injuries listed above, many individuals also experience delayed car accident injuries. These include symptoms and medical issues that can appear hours, days, or even weeks after an accident, such as:
- Numbness or tingling
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Stomach pain
Often, the signs above become apparent after the shock of the accident has worn off. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact a doctor immediately. Even if you aren’t sure if your symptoms are related to the accident, it is crucial that you are examined promptly.
To schedule a free consultation with our Boulder car accident lawyers, call us at (303) 861-2800 or contact us online.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Boulder
Knowing the proper steps after an auto accident can make a world of difference for your safety and your legal rights. You can avoid common mistakes and protect yourself from the notoriously aggressive insurance companies defending CO car accident claims.
- Seek medical attention. First and foremost, you need to ensure the safety of yourself and everyone involved in the accident. If you sustained any injuries, you need medical attention. Severe injuries require immediate care, while seemingly minor injuries may be treated at an appointment soon after the accident. It is important to understand that unless your injuries and medical expenses are properly documented, you will not be able to bring a car accident injury claim.
- Report the accident. Under Colorado state law, you are required to report an accident if there were any injuries or a minimum of $1,000 in property damage. The responding officer will write an official crash report and provide critical documentation of the scene and all evidence.
- Secure as much evidence as possible. It is also up to you to make sure that all evidence is properly documented, regardless of whether you may be the victim or the party at fault. Take photographs of the accident and scene, request contact information from any witnesses, and ask for the contact/insurance details of all involved parties. Contact a Boulder car accident attorney immediately if you are unsure about any part of the evidence documentation process.
- Contact an experienced auto accident attorney. You don’t have to fight for your rights alone when you’ve been involved in an accident. Instead, hire the best car accident lawyer Boulder has to offer – a member of the legal team from Springer & Steinberg. Do not give any statement to the insurance company or discuss settlement offers until you have retained a skilled lawyer to protect your interests.
Compensation You Can Recover In A Car Accident Claim
In the aftermath of a car accident, dealing with the physical and emotional repercussions can be life-altering. You may have been forced to miss time at work, face expensive medical bills, or experience a decline in your quality of life. But you don’t have to suffer the burden alone – and you have a right to maximum compensation.
People who have been harmed due to negligence can recover fair compensation from the at-fault party. With car accidents, this may be another driver, an auto manufacturer, or other individual or company who caused the collision through negligence or wrongdoing.
Our Boulder car accident lawyers at Springer & Steinberg, P.C. can help you recover fair compensation for such expenses and damages as:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Physical therapy
- Medication and medical supplies
- Lost earnings
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
- Permanent impairment
- Funeral costs and loss of companionship (wrongful death)
Colorado Auto Accident And Insurance Laws
Understanding CO car accidents and insurance laws are important because they can drastically affect you in the event of an accident. The full text can be found in Title 42, Article 4 of Colorado’s Revised Statutes. Our accident attorneys are also available to help you better understand any part of the CO state laws if needed.
How To File A Boulder Car Accident Lawsuit
It is essential to remember that you have three years after an accident to file your claim; any claim filed after this period will most likely be dismissed. If you need to know how to file a car accident lawsuit in Boulder, the legal team at Springer & Steinberg can help. We recommend contacting us as soon as possible so that our experts can assist you every step of the way.
In many cases, you don’t need to worry about immediately filing a lawsuit. Instead, many cases may be able to be successfully settled out of court. Should the insurance company be unwilling to provide rightful compensation, then we can move forward with legal action.
Typically, the process for filing a car accident claim (and a lawsuit, if necessary) looks something like this:
- We will complete a comprehensive investigation of the accident, thoroughly documenting all evidence and relevant details.
- Your attorney will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company, including a request for compensation.
- Your attorney will then negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, representing your best interests to secure a fair settlement offer.
- If the insurance company refuses to make a satisfactory offer, your attorney will advise you about potentially moving forward with a lawsuit.
Why Choose Us
After an accident, you have enough to deal with – you shouldn’t have to worry about going head to head with an insurance company or opposing legal team. The law firm at Springer & Steinberg has extensive experience in litigating auto accident claims and cases, and we have successfully obtained excellent compensation for countless clients. When you choose our team of Boulder car accident lawyers, you can rely on us to:
- Provide a free initial consultation
- Investigate the accident
- Clearly communicate with you at all times
- Harness the resources needed to build an excellent case/claim
- Manage all negotiations with the insurance company
- Work with the relevant experts to support your case
- Serve you with integrity
Contact Our Boulder Car Accident Lawyers Today For A Free Consultation
Our skilled and dedicated attorneys are here to help you after a collision, regardless of the circumstances of your accident. If you or a loved one has experienced injuries – including emotional or physical trauma – after a collision, our legal support can help you achieve a fair outcome. We proudly serve clients in Boulder and the surrounding areas, including communities throughout the state.
For more information about how we can help you, call Springer & Steinberg at 303-861-2800 for your free legal consultation today.
We Also Serve The Following Areas:
Brighton | Centennial | Castle Rock | Colorado | Fort Collins | Denver | Grand Junction | Golden
Image Credit: Jacob Boomsma / Shutterstock