Centennial Car Accident Lawyers
Hire A Centennial Car Accident Attorney To Defend Your Rights
Automobiles can be deadly when operated improperly. Every motorist is responsible for being a safe and careful driver, but they are often not. Serious car crashes can leave victims with brain injuries, whiplash, lacerations, broken bones, paralysis, and in tragic cases, result in death. When an accident like this occurs, it is crucial that you fight to recover what you have lost with experienced Centennial car accident lawyers.
The team at Springer & Steinberg is prepared to advocate for your rights and help you navigate the complexities of the legal system. Together, we will ensure that you receive the fair financial compensation you deserve – and that you are not victimized by the auto insurance companies and lawyers that don’t have your best interests at heart.
Types Of Car Accident Claims In Centennial, CO
There are many different types of auto accident claims, many of which accident victims are unaware of. When you choose a Centennial car accident attorney from Springer & Steinberg, you’re gaining a knowledgeable partner with extensive expertise in automobile accident claims that include:
- High-speed car crashes
- Low-speed car crashes
- Side impact crashes
- Head-on collision accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Passenger injury accidents
- Uninsured motorists
- DUI/drunk driving accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Hit and run car accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Dram shop liability car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Uber/Lyft car accidents
Regardless of the type of accident and the circumstances of your case, our legal team conducts a thorough investigation to gather all the evidence needed to file a strong claim.
Examples Of Negligent Driving
There are many different types of negligence when it comes to operating a motor vehicle in Centennial, CO. Any of these can result in a serious collision that leaves one or more persons seriously injured:
- Aggressive Driving: Tailgating and speeding are the most common here. When someone is following too closely behind, their ability to stop becomes nonexistent. The result is that you get rear-ended. Speeding drivers can cause a deadly accident. Failure to obey speed limits puts all other drivers on the road at risk. Limits are put into place because vehicles traveling well above them are likely to be in less control.
- Distracted Driving: Texting while driving is an extremely dangerous recent trend. Sending a message while driving takes away all capacity to lawfully operate your vehicle. Not only does it put you at risk, but it can hurt those around you. Other forms may include talking on your phone, eating, and performing other tasks unrelated to driving.
- Violating Traffic Laws: Failure to stop at a stop sign or running a red light presents an incredible threat to other drivers. Saving time is never as important as someone’s life. Traffic laws are there for everyone’s protection, and we assume they will be obeyed. When no one sees an accident coming the parties are often left with devastating injuries.
- DUI: Driving under the influence is illegal and can result in a fine and jail time. Regardless of whether you had alcohol, marijuana, or prescription painkillers in your system, it is illegal to drive intoxicated. Even with the new marijuana laws in place, it is still illegal to drive high.
- Defective Auto Parts: Sometimes it is the automobile that was at fault, not the operator. A failure of your vehicle can be deadly. If an auto accident is caused by a malfunction in your automobile, such as a brake pad, accelerator, or tire, the manufacturer may be liable too. This is called a product liability claim, and at Springer & Steinberg, P.C. we specialize in these cases too. We can help you bring about a product liability claim against the manufacturer of the failed part.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Centennial, CO
Auto accidents are among the leading causes of serious injuries and death in the US. In addition to severe injuries, even minor injuries and emotional trauma can have lasting impacts.
Some of the most common motor vehicle accident injuries in the Centennial area include:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Bone fractures
- Internal injuries
- Facial injuries
It is also possible for victims to experience catastrophic injuries in a car accident, such as:
- Burn injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lost limbs
- Full or partial paralysis
- Fatal injuries
In addition to the common injuries listed above, many individuals also experience delayed car accident injuries. These include symptoms and medical issues that can appear hours, days, or even weeks after an accident, such as:
- Numbness or tingling
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Stomach pain
Often, the signs above become apparent after the shock of the accident has worn off. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, contact a doctor immediately. Even if you aren’t sure if your symptoms are related to the accident, it is crucial that you are examined promptly.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Centennial
Knowing the proper steps after an auto accident in Centennial, CO can make a world of difference for your safety and your legal rights. You can avoid common mistakes and protect yourself from the notoriously aggressive insurance companies defending CO car accident claims.
- Seek medical attention. First and foremost, you need to ensure the safety of yourself and everyone involved in the accident. If you sustained any injuries, you need medical attention. Severe injuries require immediate care, while seemingly minor injuries may be treated at an appointment soon after the accident. It is important to understand that unless your injuries and medical expenses are properly documented, you will not be able to bring a car accident injury claim.
- Report the accident. Under Colorado state law, you are required to report an accident if there were any injuries or a minimum of $1,000 in property damage. The responding officer will write an official crash report and provide critical documentation of the scene and all evidence.
- Secure as much evidence as possible. It is also up to you to make sure that all evidence is properly documented, regardless of whether you may be the victim or the party at fault. Take photographs of the accident and scene, request contact information from any witnesses, and ask for the contact/insurance details of all involved parties. Contact a Centennial car accident attorney immediately if you are unsure about any part of the evidence documentation process.
- Contact an experienced auto accident attorney. You don’t have to fight for your rights alone when you’ve been involved in an accident. Instead, hire the best car accident lawyer Centennial has to offer – a member of the legal team from Springer & Steinberg. Do not give any statement to the insurance company or discuss settlement offers until you have retained a skilled lawyer to protect your interests.
Compensation You Can Recover In A Car Accident Claim
In the aftermath of a car accident, dealing with the physical and emotional repercussions can be life-altering. You may have been forced to miss time at work, face expensive medical bills, or experience a decline in your quality of life. But you don’t have to suffer the burden alone – and you have a right to maximum compensation.
People who have been harmed due to negligence can recover fair compensation from the at-fault party. With car accidents, this may be another driver, an auto manufacturer, or other individual or company who caused the collision through negligence or wrongdoing.
Our Centennial car accident lawyers at Springer & Steinberg, P.C. can help you recover fair compensation for such expenses and damages as:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Physical therapy
- Medication and medical supplies
- Lost earnings
- Loss of earning potential
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
- Permanent impairment
- Funeral costs and loss of companionship (wrongful death)
Colorado Auto Accident And Insurance Laws
Understanding CO car accidents and insurance laws are important because they can drastically affect you in the event of an accident. The full text can be found in Title 42, Article 4 of Colorado’s Revised Statutes. Our accident attorneys are also available to help you better understand any part of the CO state laws if needed.
How To File A Centennial Car Accident Lawsuit
It is essential to remember that you have three years after an accident to file your claim; any claim filed after this period will most likely be dismissed. If you need to know how to file a car accident lawsuit in Centennial, the legal team at Springer & Steinberg can help. We recommend contacting us as soon as possible so that our experts can assist you every step of the way.
In many cases, you don’t need to worry about immediately filing a lawsuit. Instead, many cases may be able to be successfully settled out of court. Should the insurance company be unwilling to provide rightful compensation, then we can move forward with legal action.
Typically, the process for filing a car accident claim (and a lawsuit, if necessary) looks something like this:
- We will complete a comprehensive investigation of the accident, thoroughly documenting all evidence and relevant details.
- Your attorney will file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company, including a request for compensation.
- Your attorney will then negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, representing your best interests to secure a fair settlement offer.
- If the insurance company refuses to make a satisfactory offer, your attorney will advise you about potentially moving forward with a lawsuit.
Why Choose Springer & Steinberg
After an accident, you have enough to deal with – you shouldn’t have to worry about going head to head with an insurance company or opposing legal team. The law firm at Springer & Steinberg has extensive experience in litigating auto accident claims and cases, and we have successfully obtained excellent compensation for countless clients. When you choose our team of Centennial car accident lawyers, you can rely on us to:
- Provide a free initial consultation
- Investigate the accident
- Clearly communicate with you at all times
- Harness the resources needed to build an excellent case/claim
- Manage all negotiations with the insurance company
- Work with the relevant experts to support your case
- Serve you with integrity
Contact Our Centennial Car Accident Lawyers Today For A Free Consultation
Our skilled and dedicated attorneys are here to help you after a collision, regardless of the circumstances of your accident. If you or a loved one has experienced injuries – including emotional or physical trauma – after a collision, our legal support can help you achieve a fair outcome. We proudly serve clients in Centennial and surrounding areas, including communities throughout the state.
For more information about how we can help you, call Springer & Steinberg at 303-861-2800 for your free legal consultation today.
We Also Serve The Following Areas:
Image Credit: Faina Gurevich / Shutterstock